General Electric Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Program Leader - Ultrasound in Phoenix, Arizona
Job Description Summary
Provide leadership, planning and technical support for the introduction of processes for new product development and existing manufacturing. Implement efforts to improve product and process quality. Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME), Program Leader is recognized as a key manufacturing technology leader within their technology domain. Interface with global counter-parts to achieve program goals and integrate global activities when necessary.
At GE Healthcare, our machines, our software, our solutions, our services, and our people make a genuine difference to medical professionals and patients all over the world. That’s because we never lose sight of what healthcare really needs—the human touch.
• Ensure early focus on manufacturability in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs. Drive rigor in process capability assessment, process layout, tooling and equipment development and QMS Design Transfer execution
• Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing advanced manufacturing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production
• Work with manufacturing leadership to identify and resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Monitor and improve productivity through the use of Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
• Drive and support AME initiatives with wide business impact and ensure to share best practices across the Global Supply Chain
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Qualification & Validation.
B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3 years’ experience or Associates Degree and 5 years’ experience or High School diploma with 7 years of experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting
Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and planning skills with the ability to identify best practices
6-sigma DMAIC & DFSS certified
Experiences in Process Intensive manufacturing
Product and Process Development experience
Solid working knowledge of GEHC QMS procedures for GMP
Experience working with global teams
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No