General Electric Global Services Technical Instructor and Instructional Designer in Pewaukee, Wisconsin
The Global Services Technical Instructor role is responsible for delivering, and supporting the analysis, design, and development of technical learning of medical devices and systems in a highly regulated industry. The qualified individual will ensure all internal and external customer needs are met and that students are prepared, supported and empowered to safely & effectively serve our customers.
• Create a learning environment that encourages student involvement and participation
• Contribute to overall effectiveness of educational programs
• Manage the classroom environment to foster a positive learning experience
• Deliver learning solutions in a manner that is both engaging and effective
• Facilitate hands-on and virtual lab experiences and maintain training equipment as needed
• Stay informed and current with changes and innovations in their area of technical expertise
• Collaborate in a team environment to drive a learning continuum culture
• Build Performance Support Tool solutions for internal and external use
• Engage and provide training input into new product introductions
• Support eLearning initiatives as subject matter experts and instructional designers
• Works with Instructional designers, Software Developers and Engineers to design and produce engaging, technically accurate content
• Adhere to Environment Health and Safety requirements and other regulatory requirements
• Maintain strict compliance to General Electric’s Spirit and Letter Policies
• Associate’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience.
• Team player, with a positive attitude and a passion for creativity
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to create varied learning styles for all students
• Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office software applications
• Formal training in curriculum development, course management and student evaluation protocols
• Open to domestic or global travel to deliver training or Train-The-Trianer sessions
• Willing to partake in a drug screen and background investigation if selected for the role
• Experience in animation of maintenance or operational procedures
• Experience in scene setup, rigging, lighting and animation of complex scenes
• Knowledge of creating texture maps Ability to create measurement-accurate hard surface models from photographs or technical drawings
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Pewaukee
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.