General Electric Lathe Machine Operator in PESCARA, Italy
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes is currently seeking an AMO Lathe Machine Operator to be based within our Pescara facility in Italy. Reporting to the AMO Supervisor, the main purpose of this role is to repair and maintain (re-dress and re-build) downhole tool connections, rework connections (re-cut and re-threads), face and chase drill pipe connections using lathe machine or other machineries.
This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to join a market leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
· Carries out all required responsibilities safely in accordance with company Health and Safety guidelines
· Maintains, repairs and modifies downhole tool, rework and repair drill pipes threads connections both in the workshop and on location with minimum of supervision.
· Provides technical assistance to operations as needed.
· Maintains records and communications as required by Maintenance Supervisor
· Issue quality documentation for the tools repaired and their parts.
· Maintains current technical status by attending training courses and by self-study.
· Participates actively in quality improvement efforts associated with logging equipment and systems
· Technical Diploma in Electro/Mechanical discipline or other relevant experience
· Experience in working on manual lathe machines and other mechanical machineries to repair mechanical equipment in a relevant industry
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
· Proficient in the use of calipers, micrometers measurement and gauging equipment
· Background working with downhole tools is desired but not essential
· Valid driving licence
· Proficient in English (Oral and written)
· Ability to satisfy all regulatory requirements
· Willingness to work according to schedules assigned by management
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent Communications Skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: Italy; Pescara; PESCARA