General Electric Lead Supplier Quality Development Specialist in Padappai, India
Role Summary:As part of the GE Renewable Hybrid solutions Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for the overall Quality requirements of Solar Products like LV5 and LV5+ Solar Inverter.
Under the supervision of the Manufacturing Leader he or she will be responsible of committing to and achieving the Renewable Energy Quality requirements & Supplier Quality objectives, in terms of Supplier Quality and Developments.
Essential Responsibilities:1. Lead the new part develop at supplier end, coordinate with local & global stake holders for qualification of supplier parts as per GE Renewable Hybrid Solutions procedures.
Executing QMS, Technical and specific commodity audit at supplier site and reporting.
Lead first piece qualification and pilot lot qualification for NPI and localization programs.
Track and monitor ongoing serial production Quality.
Conduct the GE Supplier qualification and surveillance audits as per GE requirements and ensure the all GE Renewable Hybrid solutions suppliers complying the GE SRG and EHS requirement.
Work with suppliers to implement actions to close audit findings on time.
Leading non-conformity management (5 Why? 8D report, RCA) at supplier end.
Collaborate with buyers, Engineering and technology and global stake holders for on-going programs and new product introduction and localization.
Identify cost out opportunities and work with suppliers to achieve the targets.
Able to generate QAP, Inspection Plan & Agreement of Inspection.
Pre-Dispatch Inspection activities for samples / pilot lot and critical supplies.
Able to work without supervision, efficiently schedule and lead time.
Applicant shall have clear understanding of Environment Health & Safety in Manufacturing environment as well as Technical Regulations applicable to the industry.
Parts Localization closely working with Sourcing and Supply chain team.
Qualifications/Requirements:Hands on experience on handling the Power electronic components like reactors, Cables Harness, Power Capacitors, Power Resistors, Bus bar laminates, Insulators, Lapp Cable, Temperature Sensor and broad knowledge on Heavy Electrical commodities.
• Definition, process improvements, productivity improvement, yield improvement at Supplier process
• Education: B. Tech / B.E in Electrical and Electronics with Elective Power Electronics, Solid state Drives & Electronics and Communication Engineering with 10+ years of experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across levels and within a complex matrix.
• The applicant shall be highly energetic and passionate with positive attitude. He shall be able to learn quickly.
• Review Drawings / Specification, project / program plans, specifications along with manufacturing engineer and to incorporate the requirements into the manufacturing drawings or procedures.
• Able to understand the cost out by implementing process improvements and simplifications.
• Can able to assess the supplier manufacturing process and make the process audits of the same for continual improvements.
• Maintain notes, drawings and other documentation (like engineering drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, SOPs) for future reference.
• Closely work with supplier for continual improvement and first time right qualification
• Deep and clear understanding of ISO 9001
• Sound knowledge ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 is essential.
Desired Characteristics:. Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
Strong organizational skills, MS office skills
Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
Strong project management skills, leadership and great team mate required.
Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
Fluent in Tamil, English and Hindi Language and regional language (Written and Spoken)
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.