General Electric Sr Staff Infrastructure Architect (Azure Cloud) in Overland Park, Kansas
Job Description Summary
Responsible to lead implementation and support of our Azure cloud platform. Includes architectural design, systems administration, and PaaS/SaaS application management with an understanding of database technologies. Collaboration with our corporate cloud engineering team as required for new
projects and other cloud support tasks.
• Design and implementation of key technologies in our Azure landscape such as Azure VM, Azure Storage, Azure Backup, Azure Application Gateway, Azure Files, Azure Blob Storage, and Azure Data lake store.
• Azure AD setup and design
• Data lifecycle management, setting up rules, moving data through comprehensive lifecycle
• SQL MI and PaaS setup, sizing, monitor, data migration
• Virtual machine setup and management including segmentation for security
• Azure networking and routing configuration and optimization
• Azure infrastructure cost management
• Azure subscription VNET management model and framework
• Design and setup of Azure Modern Data Warehouse components such as Synapse, Azure data lake, and Power BI
• Partner with cyber team and adhere to secure coding standards. Be accountable for maintaining/improving our cyber risk posture.
• Be accountable for stability and availability of applications. Engage in incident handling and support. Find opportunities for automation and enhancements to improve support and process.
• Excellent communication and written presentation/documentation skills
• Ability to work closely with an existing cloud support team, advise that team and ensure our users receive proper support in Azure
• Manage a secure cloud setup (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) in Azure with close collaboration with the corporate security team
• Implement, manage, monitor and maintain identity, governance, storage, compute, and virtual networks in a cloud environment, plus provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources, when needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of experience in information technology.
• Azure certifications (preferable Azure Architect Expert).
• Experience managing cloud infrastructure as code (IaC).
• Willingness to pursue additional Azure certifications.
• Solid experience in migrating on-premium applications onto Azure.
• Agile methodology.
• Minimum 3 years Azure cloud experience.
• Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills; ability to assess processes and outcomes by establishing solid metrics of performance.
• Hands on, demonstrable technical experience with a representative set of the following tools and technologies; Azure AD, Azure Files, PowerShell, Synapse, Power BI, and Azure SQL.
• Strong communication skills.
• Solutions focused and flexible; able to drive change and lead others to excel in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to apply a variety of strategic frameworks to analyze problems and to guide and develop solutions.
• Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No