General Electric Field Service and Technical Advising Specialist (Compressors) in Other Oman OM, Oman
Mechanical Field Service Engineer to provide on-site technical direction to customer-owned utility, industrial Oil & Gas and Power plants.
As a Field Service Engineer You will be an expert in rotating equipment, focused on site activities management such as planning, manpower resources/tools assignment and technical assistance to complete the work scope according to the contractual requirements
· Prepare field services jobs and interventions with the project managers based in the GE Oil & Gas offices.
· Assist Start-up Engineer during the commissioning phase ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise
· Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and GE Oil & Gas Headquarter concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions
· Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings
· Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental Health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures.
As a specialist in Centrifugal Compressors You will:
• Lead and execute assembly/installation and alignment of the equipment including foundation and soft foot checks.
• Lead and execute independently inspection of Centrifugal Compressors and accessories.
The candidate will also be responsible to maintain reliability of customer’s assets and to support in a proactive way to all GE O&G customers
Control of costs – mistakes could be detrimental to job cost
Quality control; preservation, protection, security, or safekeeping of turbine modules, office trailers, tool trailers/gang boxes, cranes, and accessories, spare parts.
Pre-outage and installation planning; possibly recommending and administering policies and procedures
Internal: Technical Advisors are assigned to a Resource Manager which they report to at least once per week. Field Service Engineer also reports to HR/EHS personnel, payroll personnel, and Segment Manager as needed.
External: Field Service Engineer may report to the client, the plant/utility owner, the construction firm, giving daily or weekly updates on job progress or as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred, as well as 2-5 years of experience in power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance, or power plant equipment installation/ commissioning. Successful completion of BHGE training program is a minimum requirement.
Minimum Skills / Knowledge
• Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance and/or control philosophy of Centrifugal Compressors and their auxiliaries (lube oil system, fuel gas system, seal gas system etc…)
• Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (section dwg; construction dwg; P&ID; alignment specification, flushing/blowing procedure; piping specification; etc…)
• Excellent English fluency both spoken and written
• Availability to travel frequently to on and off-shore sites.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Oman; Other Oman OM