General Electric EHS Manager in Other GJ IN, India
The EHS Manager would be a single point of contact for all the EHS related matters for safe construction of upcoming Locomotive Maintenance Shed in Gandhidham and its operations. He/she would coordinate with other functions and regulators for obtaining all the EHS regulatory approvals for the project. Post construction, the EHS Leader would lead the EHS function for the site.
• Leads, coaches, and mentors Construction and Project Team at the site
• Coordinate with PMC, Contractors and Sub Contractors and develop & implement EHS Plan for safe construction of the Project Site
• Work with Contractors, PMC and local leadership to drive Life Saving Principles across projects site and services location
• Work with the project team to review EHS status of project to ensure a compliant, safe facility is handed-over to operations fully commissioned and tested prior to occupancy;
• Implement GE EHS Programs for the Project as required
• Drives EHS Compliances during construction and Operation phase and the reduction of risk
• Review and advice local leadership on local regulatory compliance requirements and its implementation
• Provides operational assistance after a major EHS incident or event occurs
• Establish injury prevention initiatives focused on world -class health and safety performance
• Maintains a relationship with applicable regulatory bodies
• Responsible for identification and timely submission of all applicable EHS compliance reports to regulators
• Provide metrics and data to ensure short term and long term strategic actions being taken to risk mitigate, and ensure continuously evolving / improving EHS performance
• Provide focused, tactical support to effectively manage the EHS risks at project and services sites.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Diploma or Degree or an accredited certification course in EHS or Safety
• Minimum of 6 years overseeing the execution of EHS programs at Project /manufacturing sites
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
• Understands and meets internal and external business needs with professionalism and a sense of urgency
• Must possess leadership and communication ability which encourages teamwork and idea generation while remaining focused on results and process improvement.
• Strong understanding of legal EHS requirements
• Demonstrated ability to organize, motivate and lead teams, drive change, and interact cross functionally
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with internal and external customers, and all levels of the organization
Locations: India; Other GJ IN