General Electric Resource Manager (Wireline) - Oklahoma City, OK in OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Resource Management Specialist (Wireline) to be based in Oklahoma City, OK.
The Resource Management Specialist (Wireline) is responsible for:
· Consistently delivering flawless and efficient service to the customer in line with assigned resources and in accordance to planned activities.
· Managing the technical and professional development of the Engineers and Specialists population.
· Maintaining engagement with all stakeholders throughout the job process.
· Responsible for structuring and managing the entire job cycle.
· Manages the Service Delivery Process Implementation and Execution, including planning of people and equipment, briefing/Debriefing, invoicing, Job bonus, implementation of local client service delivery processes and client follow up for preparation and closure of jobs including data delivery Responsible for Procedural Adherence, ensuring full utilization of Standard Operating Procedures and checklists in the design, preparation, execution of all phases of the job cycle in addition to tracking company and regulatory compliance.
· Coordinates and manages the interface of data acquisition systems, complex subsurface logging equipment, field engineers and specialist to ensure optimal delivery and interpretation of formation evaluation and well integrity reports.
· Manages customer relationship communicating with the client on operational requirements, technical requirements, system requirements, job data, detailed job planning and follow-up, performance feedback and any service quality related issues for assigned jobs.
· Identifies the risk of operations that do not follow established job designs, procedures or standards and manages risk through elimination, exemption or STOP. Elevates the risk to the Operations Manager as appropriate depending on the potential.
· Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and implements plans accordingly.
· Participates in investigations of safety and quality incident related to service delivery.
· Manages the training, development, and competency of Wireline engineers, specialist and operators.
· Implements and maintains a visible time management process including appropriate work schedules, vacation and training for his/her team.
· Dedicates sufficient time to communicate and manage personnel issues as needed to ensure the crews are motivated and engaged.
· Complies with competency requirements based on project/work profiles and ensures matching of sufficient proficiency level.
· Facilitates knowledge management by ensuring experience is captured and reused during service delivery activities.
· Measures and communicates performance key performance indicators
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services).
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Wireline Field Operations or Wireline Field Coordinator background
· Strong leadership skills
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ability to work independently.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Locations: Oklahoma City, OK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; OKLAHOMA CITY
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.