General Electric Site Lean Leader in Noventa di Piave, Italy
Job Description Summary
Drive lean initiatives across the respective Site in support of the Digital Industrial initiative. Manages the value stream map for the site and is responsible for working with the Plant Leadership team to establish a customer-based process improvement strategy, which drives safety, customer responsiveness, lead time reduction, productivity and quality improvement in line with business/functional objectives.
Create the Lean vision and implement a Lean strategy to reduce inventory, lead time, and waste
Lead the Lean implementation at the plant and drive cross-functional results.
Lead and develop Lean Facilitators. Build and develop a moonshine team and moonshine shop.
Support early integration of Lean principles in product design & process development for New
- Drive measurable improvements in lead-time, customer delivery, productivity, inventory and
- Develop value stream maps for the Organization and eliminate process waste through
implementation of Lean techniques
- Guide plant teams in developing and executing Lean plans to monitor and increase overall
productivity managing multiple value streams, serving as a recognized expert and resource leader for focus areas, process rigor, and delivering significant simplification results
- Establish and drive a Gemba walk methodology that drives cross functional focus on the
production line and quickly solves impediments to flow.
- Assist in Lean plan execution by leading Action Work Outs (AWOs) developing simple solutions
to the elimination of “constrains”, developing pull systems where flow is not possible, training personnel, and other activities to achieve world-class process flow
Prepare Lean review presentations and pitch to business leaders on Lean business reviews.
Prepare operational budgets to fund Lean annual activities and estimate productivity gains.
Coach, train and mentor site leadership on the fundamentals and principals of Lean Manufacturing