General Electric Production Supervision Manager in Norwich, New York
In this hybrid role, you will perform the daily operations of the plant to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line. Position requires understanding of concepts, methods and procedures within a manufacturing environment. Individual will resolve technical issues on products as well as lead of team of employees across multiple product lines in Ceramics, Metal Joining & Actuation product lines.
• Demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals / programs / processes for our site, and possess the experience and expertise to solve problems
• Oversight and management of front-line manufacturing employees
• Works together with people from the business unit to resolve technical issues on products
• Contacts are under guidance and / or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
• Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or a minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing role, plus 3 years of experience in a manufacturing leadership role.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT : • This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
• Strong analytical skills • Prior supervisory / leadership experience in a self-directed manufacturing team based environment • Strong organizational skills Six Sigma Or equivalent quality training • Ability and willingness to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines • Strong attention to detail and accuracy • Ability and willingness to bring assignments to a successful completion • Ability and willingness to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met • Strong oral and written communication skills • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New York; Norwich
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.