General Electric Inspector 2 (MCL) in Norwich, New York
Job Description Summary
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years Inspection experience in a Manufacturing environment.
• This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected
individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to exportcontrolled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
• Ability and willingness to use intermediate hand tools (dremel/cut off tooling) and measuring devices (i.e. - dial
calipers, rulers, tape measures, protractors, micrometers, gauges, etc.) as required within department.
• Intermediate understanding of blueprint and process sheet interpretation.
• Ability and willingness to pass visual acuity exam upon offer.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Certification in Braze, Weld, Spectro, Microhardness, Micro-sectioning, Special Process Samples, Viscosity, and
Grain size, and conduct complex testing to established lab methods is required.
• Utilizes proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures per position requirements.
• Performs duties on complex, prototype, or first-time builds.
• Interact with internal and / or external customers and support functions (i.e. Planners, Engineering, Suppliers)
outside of home department.
• Communicates with team to ensure all team members are aware of product deficiencies, new processes and/or ideas,
• Provides feedback to appropriate support functions.
• Participates in and assist leading team initiatives.
• Cross-trains as needed based on experience, and work with limited supervision.
• Report problems to appropriate resource and/or Coach.
• Proactively work to improve efficiency and quality of products.
• Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures per position requirements.
• Understand and abides by the GE Leadership behaviors.
• Other duties as be required
• Vocational / Trade School.
• Prior expertise in customer requirements.
• Aerospace Manufacturing experience.
• Aptitude for mechanical problem solving.
• Proficiency in understanding special process operations (e.g., brazing / soldering / welding / coating, etc.) as
required within department.
• Possess knowledge of Quality System requirements (i.e., AS9100)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to continuously use hands and fingers in repetition.
• Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, twist, crouch, squat, climb, and/or balance.
• Ability to continuously sit; ability to occasionally lift to 20 lbs.; ability to push/pull up to 22 lbs.
The hourly pay range for this position is $18.00/hr. The specific hourly rate offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location
GE provides a comprehensive benefits package that provides access to plans which support the overall wellbeing of our employees and their dependents. These benefits include, but are not limited to, health care coverage (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy), a retirement plan that includes Company Retirement Savings and a 401K with Company matching, Life Insurance options, Disability coverage, paid time-off, EAP, and more.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRights_10_20.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No