General Electric Field Application Scientist -Cellular Analysis in North Carolina
Responsible for providing the formal technical support during the sales process. Responsibilities may include providing the required pre-sale product demonstrations as well as post-sale installation, training and/or customer service activities to support sales objectives for their geography. Responsibilities also include ongoing post-sale customer support. This supports GE's HCA and microscopy products and services. https://www.gelifesciences.com/en/us/solutions/cellular-analysis
• Provide technical leadership during sales process by demonstrating full range of product features including potential uses, product capabilities and benefits to customers as needed.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver product training to customers on software, application and/or equipment use, monitor customer installations within assigned territory/region to improve customer satisfaction and maintain customer relationships.
• Improve customer satisfaction through continuing education on optimization of equipment utilization by customer.
• Produce well-written post-training reports and provide regular feedback on customer satisfaction and needs.
• Facilitate team communication and the sharing of best practices.
• Communicate with local Applications Specialists and Account Managers to ensure all customer and business needs are met.
• Energize team and maintain adherence of field processes
• Work with Sales Specialists to meet/exceed territory sales targets. Conduct sales support related activities such as technical seminars, instrument demonstrations, and sample projects (Proof of Principle) within the respective territory.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key customers. Manager customer expectations while providing a high level of customer support during pre- and post-sales support activities. Communicate with customers to help them understand methodologies, applications and how to use the product(s) properly.
• Monitor market and competitor activity, use this knowledge to inform Product managers of opportunities/risks.
• With product manager input, as appropriate, organize the design, preparation and centralized archiving of training materials to be used in product training for internal and external stakeholders
• Must have working knowledge of cellular analysis science, instruments and methodology
• Experience working within a complex technical environment in customer facing role
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business need (about 70% overnight)
• Strong communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
• To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
• Relationship building skills in a biotechnology environment
• Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Selling skills including customer presentations, price quoting, closing and growing a sales territory
• Bachelor of Science in Life Science discipline strongly preferred
• Previous Life Science capital equipment and or consumable sales experience
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a complex, matrix team structure
Sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation across a wide portfolio of products and service
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia; Strong preference for NC or MD
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.