General Electric Sr Tendering Engg - Electrical System in Noida, India
Following minimum activities are expected to be led & executed by this position for multiple Indian & Global Tenders/projects:
• Ability to Review of Tender specification and find out the best and economical solution
• Ability to lead design engineering and prepare Electrical BOQ for TG Island, Boiler, ESP, FGD, Switchyards & BOPs like Ash Handling and Coal Handling Plants etc.
• Ability to lead cost out and should costing for electrical equipment and systems
Responsible for the quality right first time, on or before time delivery, within budget of assigned work packages & engineering deliverables for electrical, as per project requirement by applying following practices:
Negotiation skill with supplier for electrical equipment to obtain most techno economical solutions
• Review/ analyses of system studies like Load flow, short circuit, load balance, motor starting study for the HV and MV system
• Prepare/Review of SLD & system design
• Analyzing the Load list with process requirement.
• Preparation / Review the RFQ specifications for electrical equipment consisting of Transformers, Motors, IPDB, Excitation system, MV/LV Switchgears, Battery, UPS, DC system/Battery Chargers, Protection systems Cables, Synchronization system, NGRs, DG set etc. during project tendering
• Technical interface with clients/consultants/vendors and responsible for correctness of the documents
• Review of vendor offers, TTAs, data sheets
• Support in vendor development related to electrical equipment like Power Transformer, Switchgear, cabling etc.
• Strict compliance with GE ‘the Spirit and the Letter’ and EHS directives
• Defining the processes and tools requirements
• Support Discipline Leader in defining objectives, key performance indicators and ensuring that these are known within the discipline
• Ensure that the Electrical design/engineering complies with the applicable rules, regulations, codes and standards and to the best engineering practices of the industry especially about environmental aspects and health & safety for site personnel, operators, maintenance personnel and third parties
• Compliance with state of the art engineering practices, quality in engineering deliverables, and compliance as well as safety in engineering within his/her area of responsibility
• Conduct any additional tasks as implied by SPS business, Product Lines Technology centers, directives, instructions, requests
• Follow & apply GE EHS Policy with technical support from the package Lead Engineers and Experts
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
• 15-25 years of Experience in EPC Tender & Project Engineering
• Knowledge of power plant Electrical concept
• Knowledge of applicable National / Inter National codes and standards like IS, IEC IEEE.
Desired (4000) • Strong ability to communicate in English language
• Strong intercultural skills and interpersonal skills
• Team player, collaborative, international exposure
• Site exposure on steam power plants
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: India; Noida