General Electric Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component (Piping Engineering)) in Noida, India
Job Description Summary
As a member of Engineering Team, you will be responsible for building the complete 3D model in PDMS, build and place the equipment models, Piping/Equipment supports, Pipe rack, route the pipes, cable trays, generate and issue Piping arrangement, Isometric & Piping Support drawings as per projects requirements. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within Piping arrangement functional areas of expertise in new Boilers, FGD, Boiler/ESP Upgrades & Retrofits.
• Creating Piping Layout in 3D model as per contract requirements, work instructions, installation guidelines and best practices comprising of equipment, Pipe Supports, valves, access and maintenance.
• Lead the cost, technical and time schedule responsibility for all the deliverables related to the Piping arrangement discipline on the Project & Supports PEMs in their project Completion.
• Create definition of parts, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D cross sections, 2D drawings, 3D reusable models in a linked model environment, tolerance stack-ups, change is design co-authoring and various other electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, quality and inspection within expected cost, quality and schedule
• Estimate preliminary loads of piping to release the civil & steel structures detail design.
• Preparation & review Piping Arrangement, Piping Support, Pipe racks, Electrical raceways and Pipe isometric drawings.
• Follow-up and checking interface data with client, partners, equipment suppliers, clash checks etc.
• Prepare Bill of Material for ITO & OTR execution, and support Ordering, product cost out and product standardization efforts .
• Review of PIDs, piping and supports fabrication drawings for the code compliance, fouling, and miss outs.
• Prepare standard pipe support, trunnion design and calculation and review piping isometric & support drawings prior to Issue for construction.
• Prepare and Review Spring Hanger schedule, piping material specification & requisition and perform boiler internal piping and FGD piping system wall thickness code calculations.
• Implement global standards and common processes to assure consistent quality is delivered.
• Integrating Client’s and statutory requirements into the stress calculations.
• Ensure continual productivity improvement through parametrization of tools in PDMS and automation of Piping isometric & Pipe Support drawing generation.
• Communicate project status, schedules, upcoming deliverable, and technical solutions between various teams. Method of communications to include, but not limited to, model reviews, design review, construct ability & accessibility reviews, team meetings, line of balance…etc.
• Concurrently work on multiple projects and ensure program cost, quality and schedule requirements are met.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with excellent academic track record
• Minimum 8+ years engineering experience in Conceptual, Basic & detail Engineering on Boiler/FGD Piping design.
• Hands on experience in Leading Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD)/Large Boiler Piping EPC projects with experience in design of High pressure/High temperature Piping systems in Power plants & CSRL, Slurry Piping in FGD systems.
• Expertise & Hands on working in Engg tools such as AVEVA PDMS/E3D, AutoCAD, CAESER-II/Rohr-II/Auto pipe & Navisworks.
• Basic working Knowledge on piping stress analysis for critical lines in Boiler and FGD slurry re-circulation lines using CAESAR II/Rohr II/Auto pipe
• Hands on and working experience on ASME section -1 and B31.1 codes / IBR.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to interface effectively with global counterparts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven experience working in multi-functional engineering teams focused on basic design definition and/or detailed engineering activities for power, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar type project execution efforts.
• Knowledge & working experience on piping systems on Air Quality Control Systems like ESP, Fabric Filters, Flue Gas Desulphurization & Boiler/ESP upgrades & retrofits.
• Knowledge & working experience on various model studies such as surge analysis, vibration study & Hazop Area classification studies etc.,
• Working knowledge of software programming/tool development using latest programing languages.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified (GE Employees Only)
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes