General Electric Lead Engineer - Field Services in Noida, India
Job Description Summary
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
Keeping EHS on top priority and performing FS operations and executions as following:
1. Trouble shooting of out of warranty GIS (product range – 72.5KV to 765KV GIS)
2. Annual Maintenance & Servicing of GIS / GCBs as per AMCs with central utilities, various state electricity boards, private customers etc.
3. Inspection of phased out GIS and GCB and providing recommendation to customers for major overhauling/ factory repair or retrofit solutions by new GIS/ GCB.
4. Independently major overhauling of legacy products in GIS. (Product range – 72.5KV CBs to 400KV)
5. Mapping of the legacy products & installed base of GIS / GCBs and providing recommendation for servicing /overhauling/ spares procurements
6. Strong payment follow up with customers and support to project execution and collection team.
7. Detection of FS enquiry for spares business ding visiting at sites for attending the service jobs.
8. Ensuring execution of FS jobs as per mission plans actions and reporting through Service Max ( FS operations & Execution tool)
9. Maintaining the records – Service reports/ Time sheets & Expense reports
10. Providing the unit with customer feedback and improvement suggestions
11. Taking good care of GIS/GCB erection & comm and testing tools during site visits
BE or Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
Preferable with 7-8 Years and more ( 10-15 years for diploma engineers) hands on experience in HV Switchgear service from competitors / similar companies
Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes