General Electric Lead Buyer - Turbine Services in Noida, India
Job Description Summary
Negotiate with dedicated supplier partners / service providers according to specific policies. Achieve the best contractual conditions while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction. In-depth understanding of key business drivers, uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area. This role will manage both ITO and OTR stages of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure that accurate and complete hypotheses are taken into consideration in order to win profitable projects at tender phase.
• At execution phase, conduct negotiations with supplier partners to arrive to best cost positions for the business & project.
• Place purchase orders in the Order to Remittance portion of the execution
• Be enabler for timely supplier payments
• Manage claims. (Both from supplier side & business side to suppliers)
• Developing in-depth knowledge of a discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
• Carry out data analytics for sourcing related matters especially the commodity side, commodity mapping and analyze commodity trends to provide future inflation trends. Prepare cost models,
inflation tracking model in the process.
• A job at this level is likely to be an IC, with proven interpersonal skills.
Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered. Provides informal guidance to new team members. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
• Impacts projects, processes, and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require
professional judgment but may require more senior levels of guidance.
• Utilizes technical expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at conclusions. Be an enabler in supplier development & onboarding of new suppliers for the Turbine product line by closely working in coordination with supplier quality and product line leaders.
• This role requires advanced experience in the Sourcing & Tender and Project Sourcing.
Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a diploma with relevant experience). This role requires Purchasing & Sourcing Experience of at least 7 to 10 years with lot of emphasis on strategic thinking, data analytics, commodity mapping & its technical analysis, supplier development & onboarding of new suppliers.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong inter- personal communication skills and ability to leverage team judgments
• Strategic thinking
• Significant amount of data analytics related to sourcing activities especially on the commodity side
• Ability to formulate cost inflation models with proper estimation of commodity markets utilizing information available in the various commodity indices
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes