General Electric Repair Technician 1 in Noblesville, Indiana
Job Description Summary
Performs assignments in support of GEHC product repair. A Repair Technician is responsible for repairing used GEHC products at the GEHC facility. This may include, but is not limited to repairing, testing and delivering repairable parts to end customers as well as the Global Parts Organization GPO. Key interfaces include Engineering to evaluate product design and Sourcing/Planning to forecast delivery.
At GE Healthcare, our passionate people are creating the products, solutions and services our customers need to deliver the best patient care possible.
Key responsibilities include:
• Testing of Ultrasound Systems and associated devices to ensure functionality for customer use.
• Basic troubleshooting, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment.
• Complete Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instruction.
• Communication and teamwork are vital with various business and functions
• Order and manage repair parts cycle times.
• Keep up-to-date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
• Maintain communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
• Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
• Maintain tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated as needed.
• Comply with Health and Human Services, FDA, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements
• Provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• Understand how to drive product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
• Participate in new product introductions through process layout, tool development, and new equipment.
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification plan execution and analysis.
• Co-ordination of manufacturing releases
• Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
• Associates degree in technology or related discipline (or local equivalent 2 year degree), or a High School diploma (or local equivalent) and 2 or more years of relevant technical experience
• Proficiency to troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent team worker; self-motivator
• Good oral and written Communication Skills and proficiency to interpret, instruct, and explain complex, technical information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
• Good analytical and planning skills and attention to detail
• Willing to learn new process and technology as technology and process advance.
• Ability to lift 55 lbs independently
• Degree in Electronics Engineering or Medical Related Field
• Understand System wiring schematics
• Prior experience working in LEAN manufacturing environment
• Experience in a Testing environment with emphasis on finding failures
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No