General Electric Staff Technical Project Manager in Niskayuna, New York
Job Description Summary
As a member of the Enterprise High Performance Computing as a Service team, you will be responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and/or external customers. You will partner with the Senior Director, Technical Product Manager, Architects, and functional owners to define requirements and with the technical team internal and external to the program to ensure outcomes are delivered on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. You will ensures project management practices are followed and improved as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in specifying requirements.
• Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs.
• Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources.
• Facilitate convergence of functional and technical knowledge.
• Work with technical team to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan.
• Cooperate with and manage external vendors as required.
• Develop, implement and ensure project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary.
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies.
• Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required.
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project.
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting in partnership with Technical Product Managers.
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations.
• Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected and discussed transparently within the team.
• Embrace change and promote the identification of improvement opportunities across the team - execute with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum of 6 years experience.
• A minimum of 5 years experience leading and managing complex technical IT projects related to enterprise technical computing infrastructure or application products.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
• Experience working with a global team.
• Demonstrated competency using project management tools (MS Project, Smartsheet, etc.) and various project management methodologies.
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated willingness to adapt, learn new skills and develop competencies quickly and with an open mind.
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
• Communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
• Six Sigma certified.
• PMP, Agile ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/englobal/desktop/assets/images/posterscreenreaderoptimizedwsupplement.pdf . at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No