General Electric Senior EDGE Computing and System Research Partnership Engineer in Niskayuna, New York
At GE Global Research, we’re redefining what’s possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you’ll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you’ll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You’ll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more at http://www.ge.com/research at http://www.geglobalresearch.com/ or http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs , and connect with our technologists at http://www.edisonsdesk.com and http://twitter.com/GEresearch
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As the Senior EDGE Computing and System Research Partnership Engineer, you will seek partnerships that will grow and enrich the Edge research landscape, identify market opportunities, develop technology directions and business models.
Joining the team to connect industrial asset to cloud, you will focus on new markets and growth areas to enable additional assets to be remotely updated and optimized. In additions, you will leverage GE’s global expertise with Digital, Algorithms, Optimizer, Real-Time Control, Software Architecture, and Brilliant Machines to change the way wind turbines, gas turbines, healthcare equipment, oil and gas equipment, grid solutions, locomotives, and aircraft engines operate to enhance efficiency at a global scale.
• Be part of a high-performance, mission-based team to launch new technologies and new products impacting multiple domains across the globe
• Design and implement a growth market strategy for the EDGE Computing team that includes, but is not limited to, federal agencies, universities, and commercial enterprises.
• Identify, vet, and track opportunities in the above markets and work with Principal Investigators to position for successful bids
• Evaluate emerging technologies and cultivate internal adoption as appropriate to accelerate market growth
• Build and maintain partner relationships and leverage to secure new business through various engagement activities
• Support proposal development and red team reviews
• Represent EDGE Computing’s overall growth market research capabilities at relevant industry conferences and government meetings
• Gather competitive and market intelligence in the EDGE Computing space
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline with minimum 2 years experience in design and development of EDGE solutions OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years experience in design and development of EDGE solutions
MBA or prior experience with launching both a successful and a failed product in a startup environment
Minimum 3 years experience developing partnerships with federal agencies and commercial enterprises
Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking
Experience with EDGE Computing including OpenStack software platform,
DevOps practices and tools such as Chef or Puppet, Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI-CD)
Experience deploying applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or other PaaS/SaaS environments
Strong written and verbal communications skills
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
Must be 18 years or older
You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
• Strong understanding of federal stakeholders including: congress, agencies, industry groups
• Experience with Embedded Linux, microcontrollers and/or FPGAs, Real-Time Hypervisors,
• Industrial Controls, Secure Development Lifecycle, MQTT, DDS, OPC-UA, and REST Protocols, Container Signing, App Signing, hardware roots of trust, Linux SE
• Experience with Remote access products, VPNs, gateways, firewalls, proxies, and networking configurations
• Experience with Enterprise Architectures
• Demonstrated capability to thrive in a matrixed team environment
Locations: United States; New York; Niskayuna
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.