General Electric Safety Engineer - GE Research, Niskayuna in Niskayuna, New York
Job Description Summary
• Operational, Fixed Facilities EHS position at GE Research
• There is moderate autonomy within the role. High levels of operational judgment are required to achieve outcomes required
Roles and Responsibilities
· Interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices to minimize health and safety risks, ensure regulatory compliance, and influence system design or installation design to ensure to alignment with industry / company best practice. Communicate difficult concepts and influence outcomes.
· Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational responsibility. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
· Influence the development of strategy for the area(s) of operational responsibility including control of resources, budget, policy development and management.
· May lead cross-functional teams or projects.
· Provide safety training in areas of operational responsibility for GRC team members.
· Master's degree from an accredited university or college; or professional safety certification.
· 5-10 years progressive safety experience.
· Demonstrated technical expertise in managing risks associated with electrical safety, control of hazardous energy, robotics, machine guarding, work at heights, confined space entry, etc.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
· Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
· Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
· Gensuite experience
· Safety management system experience
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes