General Electric Operations Leader – Center for Decarbonization Breakouts in Niskayuna, New York
Job Description Summary
The Operations Leader – Center for Decarbonization Breakouts drives initiatives to improve the effectiveness of the Center for Decarbonization Breakout organization and interfaces with the various program leaders and staff to provide effective coordination of financials, program metrics, dashboards, deliverables and functional processes. High levels of operational judgment are required to achieve technical and business outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities
As the Operations Leader – Center for Decarbonization Breakouts, you will:
· Lead the collection and analysis of financial information. Drive biweekly analysis, communicate results and drive corrective actions.
· Drive program accountability for the technical team and staff. Ensure execution on key customer projects and key customer deliverables are met.
· Update project and metric dashboards to help guide the technical teams.
· Become the expert in GE Research’s project planning & execution platform - 1DB. Support the technical teams by interfacing with the tool in the proposal, project planning and metrics gathering stages.
· Provide operational leadership, direction and coordinate activities for multi-disciplined teams on assigned tasks that are consistent with business objectives.
· Work with project leadership to provide interim reports to customer, modify plan as required.
· Be an advocate for organizational and management initiatives.
· Train, coach and mentor less experienced personnel on business and technical processes and standards.
· Facilitate development of key metrics that highlight progress toward key goals and develop mitigation plans as necessary to offset risks to goals and commitments.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Engineering or related field with a minimum of 10 years of proven technology /supplier/operations/ product management experience
· Demonstrated capacity to develop project management, operational solutions & proposals in a fast paced, dynamic environment
· Strong project organizational and management skills essential
· Multi-tasking, self-organizing, planning, and crisis management skills are critical to interacting with the business; must be able to deal with a dynamic priority setting environment
· Influence, facilitation, and negotiation skills; boundary-less/solution-focused approach
· Strong interpersonal skills a must: presence, high credibility, quick learner, and ability to develop relationships; presentation, communication, and negotiation skills required
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Bachelor's or Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
· Advanced degree in Engineering or Science equivalent preferred
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes