General Electric Edison Engineering Development Program – GE Research – Niskayuna, NY in Niskayuna, New York
We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. The change-bringers. We are all different, uniting to solve the world’s toughest challenges. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people’s lives. With every weld, every sale, and every code we write we keep the world in motion. It’s time to stop dreaming about the future; let’s build it together.
If you love technology and want a career in engineering research, the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is for you! EEDP is an entry-level engineering program consisting of rotational assignments and technical training. The program is designed to accelerate your professional development through challenging technical training in a variety of business-critical assignments. Edison graduates have the foundation to innovate and create the future of flight, energy, and healthcare with GE.
Essential Responsibilities :
The GE Research Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) will prepare you for an exciting career in engineering research that will have real impact on GE’s businesses and customers around the world.
In the GE Research EEDP, you will:
• Work on at least 3 research projects over 2-3 years in a variety of disciplines.
• Grow your technical expertise in your chosen field and expand your skills in new areas.
• Collaborate with diverse teams to develop innovative technologies for aviation, healthcare, power, and renewable energy.
• Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers.
• Participate in leadership development training with GE program members from other businesses and locations
• Share project progress internally and externally through presentations, written reports, and IP disclosures.
Current research areas include :
• artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision
• scalable data analytics, cloud computing, industrial software engineering
• embedded computing and cybersecurity
• robotics and autonomous systems
• model-based control, advanced control algorithms, and optimization
• electric machine design and control
• power electronics and electric power systems
• mechanical structure analysis and computation (FEA)
• advanced mechanical systems (bearings, gears, couplings, and rotors)
• probabilistic design and optimization of mechanical systems
• additive manufacturing – materials, processes, controls, software, design tools
• high temperature alloys, ceramics, and structural materials systems
• advanced functional materials, including composites and energy storage
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, or related STEM discipline.
• Demonstrated academic excellence (minimum GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
• Relocation to Niskayuna, NY; this position is based in the GE Research office in Niskayuna, NY.
• All candidates must submit application for employment at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Desired Characteristics :
Preference will be given to persons who have:
• Prior intern, co-op, or research experience.
• Enthusiasm for a career in technology and engineering research.
• Analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
• Commitment to community involvement.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
• High level of adaptability and passion for learning.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes