General Electric CMC and EBC Fellow Internship - Aviation Research in Niskayuna, New York
Job Description Summary
Technical research internships at GE Research provide students the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and get a critical jump start on a career in industrial research. In this internship, you will be working on a cross-disciplinary team on technologies for ceramic matrix composites (CMCs) and environmental barrier coatings (EBCs). Areas of focus include process development, process modeling, thermo-mechanical behavior, and lifing.
GE Research is looking for students pursuing technical degrees who have strong interest in working in our industrial research environment, and in particular have interest in advanced flight-enabling technologies. At GE Research scientists, engineers, and technicians work to provide GE and strategic partners with technical innovations for their future generation products, processes and services.
• The internship opportunity helps students gain valuable hands-on experience and get a critical jump start on a career in industrial research
• Our interns work side by side with experts in the field
• Completing challenging technical projects
• Applying their theoretical knowledge to real-life technical problems and developing skills in a cutting edge global environment
• The program also includes seminars on cross-center technologies and soft skills development
• Opportunities for networking and showcasing project accomplishments are also part of the program
•Must be currently enrolled in a technical graduate degree program at the Ph.D. level in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or a related field in an accredited college or university
• Ability and willingness to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
• Legal authorization to work in the US : GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening and does not need work authorization now or in the future
Because of the specific categories of data handled by GE Research and the structure of our work environment, we are unable to accommodate employment of persons while they are considered nationals of embargoed countries subject to restriction under the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 CFR Section 746 et seq. (currently North Korea, Syria, Iran, Cuba, and Sudan). Please note that citizens of embargoed countries who have either “U.S. person” status under U.S. export control laws or subsequent citizenship from a non-embargoed country can be considered.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No