General Electric Product Sales Specialist, Supplies & Accessories in New Orleans, Louisiana
Role Summary:Customer facing staff responsible for winning business. Recognized as a lead expert, influences at the manager level on sales planning and execution.
Essential Responsibilities:• Within a geographic area responsible for selling product(s), services, parts, solutions, or projects.
• Contributes to sales plan in a specific region.
• Defines sales strategy for targeted clients.
• Products and systems requiring technical knowledge.
• Some customization to client conditions can be done.
• Cooperates with (technical) sales support to realize sales. Is leading a department with medium sized estimated orders.
• Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, planning customer meetings, and demonstrating equipment capabilities on products in assigned territory.
• Maintaining satisfactory after-sale relationships.
• Penetrating competitive accounts and communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements.
• Providing leadership in market analysis and development/execution of strategies and action plans to drive sales.
• Prospecting for new customers and business in addition to growing and maintaining our existing customer portfolio.
• Annual and quarterly achievement of multiple sales and revenue targets.
• Development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs.
Qualifications/Requirements:1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sales).
Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Sales Origination.
Willingness to travel 50% within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business need.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Must be willing to live within the assigned territory. This role could be based out of either Louisiana or Tennessee.
Desired Characteristics:1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
Effective problem identification and solution skills.
Proven analytical and organizational ability.
GE Healthcare Sales Experience
Proven executive relationship building skills in a hospital/healthcare environment.
2+ years’ Supplies/Accessories & Cuffs sales experience
5+ years of demonstrated strategic selling skills including customer presentations, price quoting, product demonstration, negotiation, closing and growing a sales territory
Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Louisiana, Tennessee;