General Electric Transport & Installation tools engineer – Electrical and automation in Nantes, France
Job Description Summary
To be part of the Installation and M&E engineering team of GE Wind Offshore. The team is responsible for the supply of all the transport and installation tools for GE Wind Offshore projects around the world. The team is leading and supervising the design, manufacturing, supply of the tools and the final assembly process of the Wind Turbines, including all documentation, certification and installation procedures related.
The engineer will work on the development of the tools dedicated to install the wind turbine, focused on the following topics: electricity, automation, hydraulic, sensors, actuators, camera systems, wireless communication, remote controls. The candidate will work in close relationship with the installation and M&E team.
· Specify the requirements for the different tools, either to subcontract the tailor made design or to purchase on the shelf tools, in coordination with the final users.
· Participate to the request for quotations, with support from sourcing team. Support the selection of supplier.
· Follow the design of the tools, from concept to detail design.
· Follow the manufacturing and ensures delivery plan and quality.
· Attend kick-off meetings, FAT, SAT and final reception as well as leading follow-up meetings
· Develop detailed method statements for operations, with support from installation and M&E team.
Support operations, the engineer should be able to support commissioning and troubleshooting of the tools.
Collect feedbacks and program continuous improvements of the tools.
· Support and report to the tool lead engineer in the definition of new tools based on new methodologies discussed during workshops with other Wind Business stakeholders
· Master’s degree or equivalent in electrical/automation
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role
· Experienced in tools development, commissioning or troubleshooting
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Fluent in English both spoken and written
· Experienced in industrial tools
· Experience in electrical/automatism/hydraulic tools
· Organised and transparent
· Good communication skills, high flexibility
· Able to work within a multicultural/multidiscipline team
· Available to travel to fabrication site
Relocation Assistance Provided: No