General Electric Lead Engineer - Systems Engineering in Nailsea, United Kingdom
The Lead Systems Engineer for the Systems group within Subsea Production & Intervention Controls Systems will provide technical guidance and development/deployment of world class Control Systems with the ability to be deployed on multiple EPC and Brownfield projects globally
• Responsibility for developing and delivering Safe and Compliant products across the Engineering Group
• Working with allocated project team to deliver the required systems engineering scope
• Responsibility and accountability for delivery of work scopes with allocated project teams
• Ownership of system Engineering design file, FMEA, HAZOP and other processes/analysis
• Collaboration across the organisation (both peers and senior leaders) to ensure smooth and effective delivery of all relevant Customer projects (EPC and Brownfield Project types
• Support the organisation with technical guidance and development of a world class product offering
• Interface to internal and external regional clients, building relationships and world class response/interaction.
• Full review and understanding of technical scope, requirements and specifications
• Support in gathering Industry VoC and translating that into technical and product offerings
• Leading and supporting Engineering bid work as required
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering or Science based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Proven Systems based experience across Production and/or intervention Controls technology.
• Must have aptitude for learning new technology, techniques, methods and principles
• Ability to understand and connect into the wider BHGE and OFE business to translate business messages across organisation
• Strong analytical experience and the ability to use analytical tools to aid & enhance product/offering development
• Understanding of Subsea architecture and ability to translate that into a winning subsea offering.
• Practical knowledge of NPI and project requisition processes
• Ability to champion and promote the BHGE Cultural Pillars
• Experience developing world class, market leading products
• Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales
• Ability to travel internationally as required at short notice.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills
• Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities
• Excellent report writing & presentation skills
• Ability to provide senior leadership updates in a concise and accurate manner
• Fluent English Speaker
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Chartered Engineer or equivalent
• Product Lifecycle management (PLM) knowledge
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo at http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo , or visit us at BHGE.com .
Locations: United Kingdom; Nailsea