General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Mumbai, India
Role Summary:Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to design discussions.
Essential Responsibilities:• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
Desired Characteristics:• Strong hands-on design, coding and debugging skills and close familiarity with DevOps techniques, performance testing and management, and data storage and processing
• Experience working Open Stack cloud deployment
• Experience on connecting devices to cloud
• Exposure to GCP/AWS/Azure
• NodeJS, Python, Java programming languages as well as Shell scripting
• Relational Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational database (any of Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB, HBase) experience
• Experience using and designing APIs using REST, XML, and JSON
• Exposure to Software and Tools: Cygwin, Linux Shell Scripting, IXIA, Iperf, Wire shark, XMLSpy, SQL Server, XML
• Network protocol understanding (Layer 3-4: IP/TCP/UDP/ICMP, Layer 7: HTTP, DNS)
• Familiarity with Industrial protocols like Modbus, EGD, OPC and other IOT protocols etc.
• Familiarity with Linux
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Mumbai;