General Electric Sr. Software Engineer in Mumbai, India
We are looking for Sr. Software Engineer who is self-motivated, a quick learner, team player, detail oriented and who has a solid understanding / hands on experience in Web technologies . Person in this role is responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Leads design discussion in a limited manner.
· Software development and maintenance of components, systems and their networks
· Analyze user needs to design and code
· Program (C++, Java, etc.) all applications, components and interfaces
· Work closely with the business unit to ensure application development meets product specification requirements
· Work closely with other engineering teams, partners and vendors to ensure inter-operability and reuse
· Design, implement and test software, ensuring quality specifications are met.
· Participate actively in design and code reviews
· Drive performance and reliability enhancements
· Close interaction with customers to drive requirements and customer satisfaction
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 6 years of professional experience
• Experience leading software development for new product introductions
• Expertise in Java/J2EE, SOA & Micro Services on cloud. Extensive experience with Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Angular JS, Polymer, Java Script &
• Strong experience developing large scale Web based solutions and familiarity with technology involved.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability and are results orientated
• Experience in AGILE Software development
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Pressure and Calibration domain
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Passion for delivering customer outcomes
· Effective problem solving abilities
· Additional experience with code-writing in a variety of programming languages
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations: India; Mumbai