General Electric Sr Application Operations Engineer in Mumbai, India
Role Summary:The SAP FICO/Tax candidate will be responsible for the design, configuration, delivery and support of solutions delivered to support business priorities. Candidate will also be responsible for delivering production support, including transnational issues, system enhancements and upgrades and master data. The role will responsible for continuously improving the FICO Tax processes and systems.
Essential Responsibilities:• Leads, participates or coordinates end-to-end execution of FICO Tax solutions, related projects and technology implementations. Introduces best practice and process improvement ideas.
• Provides subject matter expert solutions and hands-on configuration for VAT and Withholding tax.
• Provides process expertise and solutions in FICO Tax areas and integration with other SAP Modules and non-SAP tools.
• Works with business counterparts on delivering solutions based on Best Practices, efficient business processes, SAP standards and Tax expertise. Analyzes business requirements and translates them into design.
• Leads design activities, from requirement analysis to systems, application and process design specifications, implementation and support.
• Provides expertise for the estimation and financial analysis of projects.
• Knowledge of North America, EMEA, LATAM localization- Brazil, Russia, Argentina, and India.
• Creates documentation for various stages of planning, design, implementation and support of SAP FICO & Tax services.
• Manages and completes complex assignment and related projects.
• Experience in solution design and configuration of processes within FICO.
• Expert level knowledge of Sales & Use Tax, VAT, Statutory Reporting, Income Tax Provision, Tax Compliance.
• Strong Business, Accounting, and Finance acumen, strong understanding of tax and statutory reporting integration.
• Capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting closely-spaced, ambitious timelines.
Qualifications/Requirements:Strong Domain Experience in Finance/Costing; Preferred Qualification CA/ICWA/MBA Finance
Minimum 6 years of experience in SAP FI- CO with emphasis in tax configuration and support
Proven experience in SAP FI-CO and tax integration to MM/SD Modules.
Tax engine configuration experience for applications such as, Sabrix, Taxware, or Vertex.
Knowledge of SOX Controls and Compliance
At least 3 end to end SAP FICO implementation
Experience in SAP FI and CO modules at least 3 - 5 years New GL, AP, AR
Desired Characteristics:Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts, define alternatives to remove technical roadblocks.
Experience in leading globally distributed teams and working with multi-cultural environment
Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast paced ecosystem
Strong written and oral communication skills
Highly motivated, Self-starter
Able to travel overseas for work
Global roll-out experience
About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE: BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Additional Locations:India;Mumbai, Bengaluru;