General Electric Software Engineer in Mumbai, India
As a UI/UX Developer, responsible for Owning, performing and leading the UI/UX activities in programming small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area in Hybris eCommerce platform. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Able to lead UI/UX design discussions for Hybris eCommerce Projects
• Contribute to the overall web E-commerce based product, suggesting improvements to the product and overall front-end flow.
• Regularly create and document frontend technical designs based on functional requirements as well as implement the design.
• Work collaboratively with business analysts & product owners to understand functional UI requirements and implement them. Additionally, collaborate with other developers & UX designers to share coding best practices & UX design specifications and ensure standardized techniques across the team.
• Continuously improve functionality and customer-interface of new Web/Mobile applications.
• Translate functional requirements documents & UX design specifications into technical design and implementation.
• Schedule and coordinate changes and releases for production applications.
• Identify and evaluate new UI technologies for implementation.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or equivalent with at least 4 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of 4 to 5 years of professional experience
• Vast experience developing Java web applications with emphasis on UX design & development.
• Experience in Responsive and Adaptive Web Design.
• Experience in designing and developing UI for various devices (desktop, table, mobile, etc.).
• Understanding/Exposure to Java Server Pages and JSTL.
• Basic knowledge of Image Manipulation Tooling like: PHOTOSHOP, GIMP.
• Significant experience in using tools like Eclipse, SVN, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, Rally etc.
• Experience working within short development cycles using agile methods.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Experience in performance tuning of the front-end elements.
• Strong problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Passion for keeping up to speed with the latest software tools and methodologies.
• Experience with React, Redux, Node.js and angular.
• Good to have experience is on leading e-commerce platforms such as Hybris.
BHGE (NYSE:BHGE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, BHGE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. BHGE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill BHGE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.bhge.com
Locations: India; Mumbai