General Electric Quality Assurance Engineer in Mumbai, India
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for testing and automation of multiple applications owned by BHGE Digital Customer experience team. She/He will be part of team directly responsible for DevOps management of applications in Predix/.NET portfolio. She/He works closely with application scrum teams including developer and business analysts.
• Works with development and testing team, delivers use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for applications
• Work towards designing and building automated testing framework basis evaluation of different tools
• Demonstrates increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
• Applies various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC.
• Break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
• Write effective behavior scenarios according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified, and behavior scenarios remain valid when code is refactored
• Apply various coding skills to effectively automate defined behavior scenarios and execute maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
• Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process and Implement system-level integration verification and validation
• Analyze test results and coordinate with development and testing teams for bug fixes.
• Define quality metrics, best practices and prepare test summary reports for leadership review
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance both, front end and back end
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in software testing & automation using Agile methodologies
Experience with development tools such as Rally, JIRA & Confluence
Must be able to develop automation for both backend and UI using tools (e.g. UFT, NUnit, Junit, Selenium/Protractor, WebDriver etc)
Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java or Java Script code and/or shell scripts for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
Experience Installing and configuring software, testing environments – both physical and virtual
Able to work under minimal supervision
Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility and able to work under pressure of meeting critical deadlines
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Mumbai