General Electric Lead Engineer - Systems Engineering in Mumbai, India
Serve as the work content authority for one or more scrum/Kan-Ban teams responsible for the team’s backlog, prioritization of the backlog, and represent the customer’s needs to the teams. Own the team’s backlog and continuously order and prioritize to ensure sprint planning readiness. Drive the product requirement working with multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations.
• Collaborate with the Product Manager (PM), Architects to define the short-term road-map for sprint backlogs and prepare capabilities/features for quarterly planning. Collaborate with PMs and other POs to decompose features into vertical slice user stories with SMART acceptance criteria and well-defined business needs. Frequently engage the team to provide clarification, define detailed acceptance criterion, story acceptance and refinement and communicate decisions to the development team.
• Understand the relationship and interaction across components, and clearly explain and define system behavior to the customer and development teams.
• Triage incoming customer reported problems, quickly determine if the expected behavior is not met, and define severity and priority. Actively look to reduce the investigation load from the team by performing the initial investigations until the reported system behavior is understood.
• Be regarded as an expert in Agile methodology, serve as an Agile evangelist, and actively contribute to the company’s PO community. Commitment to continuous improvement and show willingness to suggest new techniques for Agile activities like retrospectives, planning poker, etc.
• Establish close partnership with Quality Engineering and Dev Ops teams to ensure successful on time releases. Provide knowledge transfer to teams to reduce “false” defects from being logged.
• B.Tech/M.Tech from Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
• 8 -12 years of experience in design and software development. 2+ years as product owner/ System engineer.
• Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum
• Willingness and ability to learn and use new technology
• Effective problem solver: Ability to define the problem, brainstorm alternatives, choose best strategy and implement the solution
• Exposure to automation testing process and tools, understand the fundamentals of CI/CD framework
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
• Experience setting up/ using continuous integration tools like Jenkins
• Experience in object-oriented design methodology and programming languages - C/C+ About Us:
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Mumbai