General Electric Lead Embedded SW Quality Test Engineer in Mumbai, India
In this role you will be responsible for defining & maintaining the quality of the product. Owns smoke, regression, performance, module test cases etc. & are executed on schedule basis based on Quality plan.Update the Quality plan & development processes that will help in maintaining or improving the quality of the product.Maintain & project different metrics that show the current quality of the product.Owner of the test lab and making sure that lab is functional and readily available anytime.
• Understand the overall product requirements and break it down into stories. Write the acceptance test cases for each stories – making it in ready-ready state.
• Automate the acceptance test cases which will help in closing the stories. After the story is complete, execute the acceptance test and close the story.
• Update the smoke, regression, performance, and module test cases etc. including automation test bench on each feature addition.
• Execute the smoke, regression, performance, module test cases etc. on schedule basis based on Quality plan.
• Make the test results available to all the team members.
• Stop the line if the number of defects crosses the acceptable threshold defined in the Quality plan.
• Retrospect, track and update the Quality plan and processes required to maintain or improve the quality of the product.
• Mentor Quality engineers on technology and execution.
• Ensure code quality and maintain required metrics to track project execution.
• Provide technical leadership across projects.
• Log invention disclosures to protect intellectual property and create competitive advantage.
• Leveraging Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the development life cycle.
• Responsible for test coverage, performance and on-time delivery.
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Requirement & Validation. Responsible for ensuring rigor in determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
A minimum of 8 years of professional experience (include technical skill).
Extensive experience in Java /Microsoft enterprise development technologies, such as Spring Framework, J2EE, ASP.NET, etc.
Experience with SQL Databases & connectivity framework such as JDBC or ADO.Net.
Extensive experience in any Web Technology test automation tool such as Selenium, Ranorex, LoadRunner, QTP etc.
Good to have experience of developing web applications using technologies such as Spring Framework, Restful API, Angular JS, JQuery, and Web Services.
Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience.
Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
Able to work under minimal supervision
Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.
Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations: India; Mumbai