General Electric Enterprise Application Engineer in Mumbai, India
The BHGE Enterprise Application Engineer performs a critical support function for the company by working with end users to define, build, test, and deploy SAP configuration and technical requests. This person will be expected to adhere to BHGE/SAP Standard best practices and utilize SAP standard processes where possible. This person will provide highly complex support functions for ancillary add-ons and user exits as needed. This person will be required to provide hands on configuration/technical support in the areas of SAP Sourcing and Procurement in a Global SAP environment spanning multiple SAP systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Communicates with end-users and third-party vendors to gather requirements for projects and incidents.
• Leverages expert-level domain knowledge to design, develop, maintain, test, and deploy new and changed functionality.
• Develops technical design documentation for all enhancements and assists with functional design documents.
• Provides second-level end-user support for the most complex end-user application administration requests and requirements.
• Performs SAP system configuration management.
• Resolves Request/Incident tickets from users and provides telephone technical support to troubleshoot and fix the most complex application-use problems.
• Other various duties related to the position, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) (6+ years of combined college education and work experience may be substituted for a degree)
• 2+ years of experience in SAP, preferably Supply Chain and/or Procurement
• Proficient computer skills, including in Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent reading comprehension, oral communication, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Consistent strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow or CA Service Desk
• SAP MM Certification
• Ariba knowledge and/or certification
• Strong knowledge and skills in SAP best practices, business analysis, process design and requirements gathering
• Ability to prioritize, adapt, multi-task, work independently and achieve objectives in a demanding, fast-paced work environment
• Strong customer service and team mentality and ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Additional Locations:India;Mumbai;