General Electric Welder (Completion and Well Intervention) Mount Pearl, NL in MOUNT PEARL, Canada
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Welder supporting Completions & Wellbore Intervention facility in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada.
· Under general supervision, performs welding applications within one or more work teams.
· Perform welding, hand grinding and sand blasting applications on fishing and casing exit downhole tools.
· Perform visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications. Working with engineering teams and non-destructive testing (NDT) vendors to ensure final product is fit for purpose.
· Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance efficiency within the work team.
· Contributes to the team’s safety culture and ensure all safety procedures for welding operations are followed.
· Responsible for supporting the team and team's objectives.
· Required to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with qualification procedures.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Must have knowledge of welding processes – MIG (GMAW), Stick (SMAW), Braze Welding and Hardfacing applications.
· Must be able to read, interpret and follow blue prints / procedures.
· 2+ years of welding experience
· Ability and willingness to work overtime.
· Experience with carbiding, hardfacing and/or oilfield welding is ideal.
· Capable of using a computer to retrieve work documents and record production numbers – Windows based systems with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel), as well as SAP.
· Safety focused.
· Team player
· General Oilfield knowledge would be an advantage.
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: Canada; Newfoundland & Labr.; MOUNT PEARL