General Electric Legal Region Counsel – Russia Caspian in Moscow, Russia
The Russia Caspian Region of Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE) is one of the most dynamic regions for BHGE. BHGE is seeking a lawyer with Oil & Gas / Energy experience to assume the role of Managing Region Counsel for the Russia Caspian Region. Based in Moscow, the Managing Region Counsel will be an integral member of the Region management team and will report functionally to the Region President and directly to the Chief Legal Officer.
• Overall responsibility for the management of the legal and compliance affairs of the Region, including requisite Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other related training.
• Apprise management team on risks and exposures.
• Interface with suppliers, business partners, and government agencies.
• Participate in high stakes negotiations, innovative deal structuring (JV, strategic alliances, M&A, divestitures, etc.).
• Assess, appoint and manage outside counsel.
• Manage, and/or work together with other Legal Groups to manage, Region litigation, including determination of reserves/accruals and reporting thereof.
• Participation in management of agents including, but not limited to, due diligence or terminations thereof.
• Management of matters relating to threatened / potential litigation, including high dollar (i.e. multi-million USD) value debt collection.
• Together with other Legal Groups, participate in managing notable issues relating to customer contracts, corporate administration, labor and employment, trade compliance/customs, tax and corporate compliance.
• Review / negotiate / draft various agreements, including those related to vendors, agents, NDA’s, MOU’s (i.e. non-customer agreements).
• Be an active business partner to the organization, continually working to identify strategic opportunities to increase growth/reduce costs and engage in intelligent risk taking.
• Collaborate, coordinate with regional and product company legal colleagues and subject matter experts to analyse and advise the Business on complex legal/compliance issues.
• JD (or equivalent) with active bar membership.
• A minimum of 12 years of experience at a large, preferably international, law firm or multinational company’s corporate legal department working on a variety of commercial / business legal matters in the region, including previous experience of drafting, negotiating and closing complex business.
• Experience with Oil & Gas / Energy sectors.
• Setting and maintaining a culture of complete compliance throughout the Region.
• Protecting BHGE’s assets through appropriate contractual measures and other risk mitigation strategies.
• Knowledge of and experience in dealing with Russia antitrust and other merger related laws.
• Experience in dealing with international sanction requirements.
• Ability to work across functions, product companies and regions to deliver outcomes.
• Providing advice on supplier/vendor/non-customer facing agreements.
• Responsible for Powers of Attorney/Delegations of Authority.
• Legal advice to Contracts & Commercial Counsel.
• Managing & directing litigation, claims and dispute resolution matters.
• Managing external law firms.
• Providing Corporate and Company Secretarial guidance as requested.
• Providing indirect sourcing legal guidance.
• Providing pro-active legal advice/guidance to all internal clients.
• Providing/organizing legal training/seminars to all internal clients.
• Monitoring new legislation and changes to existing legislation which could affect BHGE.
• Responsible for implementation of compliance policies and training of management in conjunction with the BHGE Ethics & Compliance Group.
• Dealing with any other matters/issues as and when they arise.
• Candidate must be fluent in both English and Russian.
Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions and must already satisfy local employment/work permit and residency regulations.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations: Russian Federation; Moscow