General Electric Customs Operations Analyst in Moscow, Russia
The Customs Operations Analyst supports Customs operational processes (classification, import/export; special programs etc) compliantly and in an efficient fashion.
• Support Customs operational processes (classification, import/export; special programs etc) compliantly and in an efficient fashion;
• Perform pre-entry customs clearance and issue resolution operation and arrange implementation and localization of Global Customs SOP and Enterprise Standard, achieve key targets;
• Manage Customs formalities;
• Assist with auditing customs transactions transactions to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and provide regular reporting of compliance metrics;
• Provide general guidance, assistance and advice to the businesses in support of their customs operational processes;
• Provide general interpretation and communication of requirements to respective GE business or function;
• Communicate and escalate any process or compliance concerns in a timely manner;
• Lead and assist key lean and productivity projects;
• Support programs and projects that take advantage of Free Trade Agreements (including management of certificates of origin) and other duty-savings opportunities;
• Participate on applicable GE Customs Council Communities.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 4 years experience in Customs, or a Supply Chain related field).
• Minimum 2 years work experience in related area.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications (advanced Excel user).
• Knowledge of Incoterms, Customs Code of EEU, HTS, local customs regulations and requirements, project management.
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional global team environment.
• University degree in a Customs related area such as supply chain management, business administration, or international trade.
• Self-starter/team player.
• Demonstrated ability to think analytically and critically.
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
• Creative, purposeful, responsive, cooperative, working under pressure with tight deadlines.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Russian Federation; Moscow