General Electric Fitter - Tooling in Montrose, United Kingdom
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The roles primary responsibility is for the maintenance and delivery of Test Equipment for successful manufacture of XT Product. Following site procedures to maintain maintenance schedules and co-ordinating out-side services.
The successful candidate must be confident in computing systems and have a good knowledge off Industrial Tooling, Assembly practice, Pressure Testing and Torque practice.
• Set Up/ Maintain equipment for delivery to Production lines
• Respond to equipment availability issues
• Maintain all tooling calibration and planned maintenance schedules to ensure continuity
• Support Maintenance of a database for all test equipment to enable easy identification, planned maintenance and location management
• Sustain test equipment storage within the work locations to reduce lost time
• Control the registration of new test equipment incoming to the department
• Supervision of Apprentice and Fitters (as needed) to deliver test equipment
Test Equipment Maintenance:
• Repair and service of test equipment
• Upload of Test Equipment Certificates and data to a central database
• Maintenance of database data
Test Equipment Cell:
• Maintenance of test equipment storage
• Management of Apprentices/ Fitters (as needed) to maintain facility and equipment
• Supervision of Apprentice
• Time served in a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship
• PC Literate and proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite incl. Word, Excel
• Relevant experience in GE\VG (or equivalent) subsea products and testing equipment
• Strong verbal and written communication in fluent English
• Prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively
• Understand engineering Bills of materials, drawings and specifications
• Understand internal/external Quality plans.
• Understanding of assembly / test operations incl. pressure testing and torque
• Knowledgeable in industrial tooling
• Experience following maintenance plans
• Experience in computerized maintenance databases and systems
• Must be motivated/disciplined and be able to work as part of a team
Locations: United Kingdom; Montrose