General Electric Core Product - Mechanical Design Engineer in Montrose, United Kingdom
Design Engineer – BHGE Core Product Engineering for SPS and SRV will be involved in BHGE proprietary valve and choke Engineering activities supporting Subsea Engineering activity across the product life cycle.
Reporting to the Core Product Lead, you will be part of a team of specialist Engineers in the valve and choke product line.
In this role the Valve and Choke Design Engineer is to deliver as unified executors of work scopes across NPI, SPS & SRV. The Valve and Choke Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and engineering content of BHGE Proprietary equipment.
• Working with the Core Product team and other teams to operate as a unified Subsea team that delivers on-time and within budgets.
• Produce 3D models, drawings, bills of materials and calculations.
• Provide technical support on product design, technology development, supplier quality & process qualification, internal manufacturing, field services and issue resolution.
• Continuously drive the creation of common specifications, procedures and approaches through areas of expertise across the subsea productions systems. Identifying Synergies and eliminating duplication of effort and waste.
• Performs conceptual and detailed design activities, including 3D CAD design, layouts, calculations, manufacturing drawings, tolerances studies
• Conducts formal and informal product design reviews to iterate and improve product designs through continual collaboration
• Design qualification testing fixtures and compose detailed test procedures
• Conducts and assists in the assembly and lab testing of prototypes
• Identify and Implement initiatives to continuously improve the responsiveness of the organization to customer & business needs
• Experience in mechanical component design
• Fluent English speaker
• Proficient in use of Creo and Mathcad
• Experience with Teamcenter PLM software
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes/design for manufacturability
• Prior experience focusing on managing the design & development of products / solutions
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline.or equivalent knowledge or experience
• Experience in valves and choke design
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United Kingdom; Montrose