General Electric Statutory Controllership Analyst in Monterrey, Mexico
Job Description Summary
Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Focused on execution of standard enabling activities/provision of advice subject to policy and work routines within an enabling discipline. There may be some latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Responsible to ensure all statutory regulatory filings are completed timely, efficiently and in compliance with the country regulatory requirements. This includes branches, legal entities and statutory consolidations from outside the US, as well as the management of the statutory audit process where applicable.
· Broadening knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline to execute functional policy/strategy; still developing functional knowledge and skills.
· Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
· May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined policy/parameters.
· A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
· For roles outside of the USA- This role requires basic experience in the Finance & Statutory. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
· For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No