General Electric Lean Manufacturing Engineer in Monterrey, Mexico
Role Summary:Proficient manufacturing or functional professional, contributes to projects and initiatives, influences at the site level and determines and executes to operational standards and processes within their defined area of responsibility. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Essential Responsibilities:Key responsibilities include:
· Serve as a change agent in institutionalizing Lean Six Sigma simplification methodology.
· Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to improve process capability reduce variation and eliminate waste.
· Execute the Lean Six Sigma strategy for process improvement.
· Through completion of a training program on Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and application tools/tactics, deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process capability, producibility of designs and business processes to reduce defects and attain world-class levels of quality and cycle time reduction.
· Facilitate, train, and coach team members in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools.
· Work with operating leaders and teams to uncover and assess Lean Six Sigma opportunities for GE and its suppliers and customers.
· Constantly seek, share, and implement best practices.
· Lead and facilitate cross-functional project teams.
· Communicate teams progress to Quality Leaders, Business Leaders, Master Black Belts and Master Lean Leaders.
· Identify potential process improvement projects.
Qualifications/Requirements:1. Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college, or High school diploma/GED and 3 years work experience
- 3 additional years of experience in a business or manufacturing environment
Desired Characteristics:Preferred Qualifications:
Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
Strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate and familiar with Six Sigma quality concepts and tools
Demonstrated commitment for process improvement
Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Executive level presentation skills
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Mexico;Monterrey;