General Electric Ultrasound IT Project Manager in Mississauga, Ontario
Initiate project planning process for U/S IT product implementations including order review, resource scheduling/coordination, collection of information for site-specific configuration design/recommendations, internal/external customer communications, creation of the project installation plan, coordinating third party vendor support, and oversees customer acceptance of product. Manage all project related events at multiple organizational levels.
• Develop and implements comprehensive project plans, encompassing project team structure and resource assignment with the customer and appropriate GE resources, implementation, testing and training plans and ensuring successful transition to support teams.
• Owns all project risk; including time, budget, and scope, and the associated plans to contain and/or mitigate risk
• Identifies critical path decisions, makes recommendations and influences program leaders and business process owners to maximize project payback
• Manages daily activities, issue resolution and communication across project execution teams in order to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, as-requested by customer
• Actively maintain as many as 15-20 projects at any given time. Ensure completion of projects within deadline projections.
• Facilitate remote installation support of software only based offerings.
• Utilization of a computer based project management tool and software to direct and manage
• Bachelor’s degree in IT preferred, or equivalent training and work experience.
• Minimum 3 years of project management experience in a healthcare environment.
• Demonstrated project management skills including project planning, initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication.
• Awareness of and ability to deliver compliance requirements.
• Excellent network skills and data workflow concepts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization.
• Analytic, creative and business focused problem solver.
• Strong computer system knowledge of hardware as well as Microsoft Office applications.
• Initiative: Takes charge to make things happen; identifies what needs to be done and does.
• Listening: Actively hears others, ensuring a complete and accurate transfer of information.
• Multi-tasking: Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Adaptable to multiple requests and daily changes.
•Willingness and ability to travel 25% within the United States, Canada and Europe.
• IT and networking experience in Healthcare industry.
• Knowledge of hospital or clinic department workflows.
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including the ability to easily convey concepts to peers, managers, and customers.
• Direct hands on experience driving process improvement projects
• Strong technical process and trouble-shooting skills.
• Strong project management skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Canada; Ontario; Mississauga