General Electric Staff Solution Architect in Minato, Japan
Role Summary:In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Staff Solution Architect will establish a trusted partnership relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams. You will collaborate with internal corporate development teams, pre-sales technical teams and commercial sales teams in the business unit they are supporting to help drive sales of our platform. You will be a strong voice for our customers, helping ensure our solutions continue to meet our customer’s needs.
Essential Responsibilities:In this role, you will:
• Provide wide range of support for both direct and in-direct opportunities, including Develop technical presentation and demo; Analyze customer requirements, scope, define and design solution offering; Create Scope of Work(SoW) and handover to Professional Service team; Work with sales reps in both GE Digital and Channel partners together.
• Provide Sales support, localize datasheets and sales related documents from English to Japanese, enable channel partners to sell GE Digital products, and promote the software renewal contract.
• Establish a deep understanding of our customers’ business and technical needs
• Create a “trusted business and technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s business department people, technologists and internal technical teammates
• Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level. Help to provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape
• Support Technical architecture to ensure proper solution industry and functional solution design
• Interface with all Pre-Sales Solutions Architects globally (and build a community) to train, mentor, guide through new solution architecture framework, including the vertical cloud based and on-promised industry solution
• Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions
• Interface with COE CTOs to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities
• Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest
• Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated
• Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
• Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 10+ years’ work experience in Global Business and IT Consulting or Enterprise Software Company etc.
• Minimum 10+ years’ manufacture industry experience
• Minimum 5+ years working experience in global company
• Experience in IT/OT technology
• Strong hands-on Management Design, System Implementation and business/data analytic experience on Automation, MES, Industry Analysis, IIoT etc. domain
• Proficiency with English (Business level) and Japanese (Native level) language.
Desired Characteristics:• Familiar with the technology stack including OS, DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization etc. cloud concept and architecture
• Familiar with SaaS concept and architecture
• Exposure in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
• Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
• Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
• Strong Business Acumen and Business Value Driven thinking
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
• Able to provide best practices in sales and insights on how to best leverage operations to achieve sales growth to GE leaders across businesses.
• Discovers, builds, proposes, and wins deals based on delivering impactful business outcomes for customers; A master at team selling; Possesses deep customer knowledge of the business lifecycle and cost/revenue model; Can illustrate how GE impacts the lifecycle; builds long-term, c-suite relationships with customers; Creates value through identifying outcomes that change expectations (followed with execution)
• Creates meaningful stories and combines ideas in unique ways and makes connections between disparate ideas; Communicates functional strategy and roadmap with sufficient detail for teams to utilize; Describes functional area information to leaders.
• Demonstrates expertise with cross-business unit solutions (GE Store). Ability to present an overview on all business unit solution areas.
• Recognize opportunities to align emerging tech with changing business climates. Envision future trends and design new solution sets to capitalize on opportunities.
• Develop solution architecture ‘starter kits’ to drive commercial adoption.
• Demonstrate mastery of org models throughout GE, and expertise with Relationship Mapping, Strategy Mapping, for internal and external customers.
• Offers advice re: org structure, alignment, particularly with regard to GED continuous improvement efforts.
• Demonstrate success implementing Change Management program into an implementation plan for a single business unit solution and represents single process redesign.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Japan;Minato;