General Electric Sr Sourcing Manager-Quality & Fulfilment – Northeast Asia in Minato, Japan
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Supplier development to spearhead localization in Japan and South Korea market for business growth at lower cost.
• Achieving fulfilment goals on costs, quality & delivery from suppliers.
• Partner with the Project & services team for ontime delivery and services in the region including parts procurement.
• Closely working with Asia sourcing, manufacturing, logistics, global sourcing-quality & cross functional team for executing quality & fulfilment KPIs for Japan market.
• The incumbent in this role will be the technical focal point for supplier activities directed toward process control and quality assurance of fabricated and machined components in Japan and South Korea market. The person will establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality procedures and requirements.
• Work closely with various functions in GE Renewables-On shore business to conduct First Piece Qualification (FPQ), Quality Surveillance and Capacity audits. Also, assist with new supplier and product development.
• Aid in supplier approval process – manufacturing, technology, and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) risk analysis.
• Drive continuous improvement of supplier’s quality, cycle, and delivery performance through Six Sigma and Lean.
• Work closely with Sourcing, Manufacturing, Project Management and Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and delivery requirements
• Required to also work with large fabricated/machined components, like those produced in ship, rolling-stock, chemical factory or large automotive industry. Work experience in power generation equipment (piping and hydraulic/fluid assemblies) is highly valued.
• Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: background in interpretation of blueprints/specifications, metrology, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
• Ability to work in cross-functional, global team environment.
• Passion for excellence, high integrity, commitment to quality, fluent in oral and written in English, willing to take frequent travel.
• Accurate & rigorous evaluation of current and potential suppliers using multiple tools. Develop, communicate & execute component fulfilment plan for Japan and south Korea market
• Maintain & upgrade product & process quality at suppliers
• Drive & ensure compliance to supplier facing processes (Audits, PPAP, CARs, SDRs, etc)
• Identify & qualify new products & suppliers in the region to drive growth
• Collaborate with other functions as required to execute PPAP projects
• Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions etc.
• Perform site audits and lead efforts with management teams to assign and implement corrective actions.
• Drive root cause analysis (RCA) on issues, and drive corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPAs) to closure
• Bachelor /Masters Degree in Mechanical/Metallurgical/Production Engineering Degree.
• Hands-on experience in supplier development and practical manufacturing (shop floor) exposure. Supplier quality management or supplier technical development experience
• Welding: GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, SAW and other joining process expertise are preferred: familiarity with ASME, ASTM, and EN fabrication standards is highly valued.
• International Welding Engineer or AWS CWI preferred. Familiar with Non-destructive test (NDT) is required
• Commercial understanding & ability to communicate clearly & precisely. Fluent in English & Japanese
• Willingness to travel up to 30-40$% of the time.
Locations: Japan; Minato