General Electric Marketing and Communications Leader – Japan in Minato, Japan
GE Additive is looking for an experienced Marketing and Communications professional with big brand experience and contemporary skillsets. The role will support sales to identify opportunities for GE Additive in Japan, and then drive marketing communications in that country, helping to create demand, foster market growth and position GE Additive as a world-leading brand.
The Marketing and Communications Leader will help revolutionize the world of additive design and manufacturing across various industries in Japan.
They will provide marketing support to the sales team in region, including planning, coordinating and execution of programs to generate new opportunities and advance existing ones, working in partnership with sales, marketing and communications, product teams and other key business teams, including third party strategic distribution partners as appropriate.
They will collect market/competitor intelligence and capture customer insights. They will identify online and offline channels to get GE Additive’s message to the right customers - creating demand, fostering market growth, positioning the GE Additive brand to be world-leaders, all while strengthening customer relationships.
The role will own and build out the marketing and communications plan in Japan. They will craft messaging, capture success stories, develop thought-leadership positioning, create collateral and marketing assets, plan and execute shows and events, coordinate media and PR in the region – building relationships with media, customers and partners.
The person will collaborate closely with the rest of the GE Additive Marketing and Communications to ensure that all campaigns and events are connected and cohesive. They will ensure sales, marketing and communications are fully integrated and connected - creating demand, enabling leads and sales.
They will measure and improve performance across all communications channels and activities, increasing share of voice, reach, traffic, lead-generation and order pipeline.
The Marketing and Communications Leader, Japan will be constantly looking around corners and evaluating opportunities in country to ensure that GE Additive are seen as the additive manufacturing leader in country.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in Corporate Marketing Communications.
• Fluency in Japanese and English.
• A clear understanding of marketing communications and a deep experience working in a B2B environment.
• Experience with industrial products and services.
• Knowledge of additive manufacturing.
• Knowledge of industrial technology acquisition process.
• Established project management skills.
• The ability to translate technology capabilities into compelling messaging and storytelling.
• Ability to juggle a number of tasks and prioritize effort.
• Appears calm and capable, inspires trust and confidence from those around them.
• Self-starter, able to work virtually across a complex matrix of stakeholders.
• An effective communicator in both verbal & written presentations.
• Clear-thinker, good listener, externally focused, problem-solver.
• Demonstrated achievement & leadership in commercial and/or marketing roles with close alignment and connection with sales, marketing and product line functions.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Japan; Minato