General Electric Lead Project Engineer in Minato, Japan
The Lead Project Engineer will lead the engineering execution of new wind farm projects as the primary liaison and single point of contact between engineering and project management, supply chain, the site team, our customers, and our customers’ contractors. The scope includes the fulfillment of all equipment and software deliverables along with the completeness and accuracy of the digital thread up to the commercial operation date.
The Lead Project Engineer will ensure fulfillment of customer orders in compliance with contractual requirements. In doing so, he or she will:
• Actively participate in customer meetings
• Translate project requirements into product definition within our system of record, PLM, and issue bills of materials to supply chain
• Provide timely & accurate responses to customer technical inquiries through both the internal PAC system as well as standard communication protocols.
• Provide technical support to customers and field teams for turbine assembly, installation and commissioning through final customer acceptance of the wind farm
• Create and/or facilitate project specific customer & commissioning documentation
• Facilitate the configuration of control software and parameters based upon the site requirements and specific unit configurations
• Establish and maintain relationships with required external and internal representatives to ensure that customer requirements are understood and achieved
• Coordinate, schedule, and thoroughly communicate with allocated resources to complete engineering deliverables
• Provide engineering direction through clear written instructions regarding special customer requirements to component owners and other resources to fulfill engineering deliverables
• Liaise between customers and Engineering regarding balance of plant equipment for the purpose of configuring interfaces, safety protections, and control systems for both the wind turbine and the entire wind farm
• Identify and drive resolution to customer issues through leadership to the rest of Engineering resulting in timely fulfillment and customer satisfaction
• BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
• 3 years of experience in Power Generation, renewable energy, and wind industry.
• Strong analytical skills, able to do Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to understand and resolve problems.
• Ability to interpret technical drawings, wiring schematics, and 3D models.
• If not already familiar with basic network tools (IP addresses), control systems, and SCADA systems, the candidate must be enthusiastic about gaining a fundamental working knowledge of these tools within three to six months.
• Japanese/English language ability
• Ability and availability to travel 30% of the year
• Strong, self-directed, collaborative team player with interpersonal, communication, & presentation skills
• Comfortable providing technical presentations to peers, customers and leadership regarding the details of technical issues and project status
• MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is essential, while knowledge of VBA, SQL, OPC, ODBC, MODBUS, networking and especially ControlST & MarkVIe controls software are advantages.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Japan; Minato