General Electric Plant Service Engineer (Hydro) in Milan, Italy
Role Summary:The Hydro Plant Support Engineer will lead the site service activities for hydropower plants in the nominated Region. He/she is the primary liaison / point of contact between GE Hydro/Service Leadership, GE Hydro/Engineering, project management, supply chain, the site team, sale team and customers. Scope includes ensuring the completeness of the deliverable solutions of GE Hydro services.
Essential Responsibilities:As the Plant Service Engineer, you will:
• Obtain information on hydro power plant assets & setup, mainly on E&M, for the designated areas such as hydro turbine & generator technologies, existing DCS, governing, excitation and other mechanical & electrical BoP systems including customer purchasing plans and Maintenance budget. Have a clear understanding of power plant outage schedule.
• Actively visit customer’s plants (> 02 plants par month/per customer at least), participate in customer meetings and connect customer needs with our products’ available options and solutions
• Deliver timely / accurate responses to customer technical inquiries including quick quote proposal and execution (for transactional opportunities) leveraging GE Hydro COEs supports – Sales/CommOps and COE engineers (Fleet Reliability Operations)
• Provide hands on technical support to customers and field teams for general E&M services and specific upgrades
• Project Execution: Pilot the execution of the job with respect to time, quality, cost commitment and drive variation orders. Run the project financials
• Ensure CRM tool accuracy
• Nice-to-have: Facilitate the configuration of control software and parameters based upon the site requirements / specific unit configurations (for control plant support)
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 10 years in Hydropower Electro-mechanical field services i.e. maintenance, installation and commissioning or manufacturing
• Minimum 0f 3 years in engineering
• Strong knowledge and relationship with local customers at Plant level
• Ability and willingness to travel more than 50% of the time
Desired Characteristics:• Strong knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical components of Hydropower,
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to do Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to understand and resolve problems
• A plus for knowledge of VBA, SQL, OPC, ODBC, MODBUS, networking, ALSPA and MarkVIe controls software
• Strong knowledge of / experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to interpret technical drawings, wiring schematics
• Power Generation, Renewable Energy and Hydro experience
• Comfortable providing technical presentations to peers, customers and leadership regarding the details of technical issues and project status
• Strong, self-directed, collaborative team player with interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• English/local language fluency
About Us:GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy. Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Additional Locations:Italy;Milan, Florence;