General Electric Principal Digital Architect in Melbourne, Florida
Job Description Summary
Responsible for multiple projects in a technical domain as a technical expert or internal consultant. Will work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge of two or more specialized architecture areas. Will across multiple technical or functional domains.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
• Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team.
• Participate in the business-wide Infrastructure architecture and domain governance model.
• Contribute to the development of software, data, and technology.
• Contribute to the designs and deployment of infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, Total Cost of Ownership, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities.
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
• Develop, motivate and direct staff to create a team environment.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience8years
Ability to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
Ability to Analyze, design, and develop a software solution roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state of the business.
Working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with complex solution configurations.
Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and operating.
Able to lead early stage customer interactions; Guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with approaches and integrate with their legacy tech investments.
Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No