General Electric Project Manager - R&D in Marlborough, Massachusetts
The Project Manager is responsible for New Product Introductions (NPIs),and development projects to support growth within the bioprocess business. In addition, this position is accountable for achieving quality objectives, creating/meeting development schedules and project budgets, as well as communicating program status and escalating issues when appropriate to facilitate transparency.
• Leading cross-functional program activities for Upstream bioprocess projects with responsibility for timely completion within budget
• Managing and optimizing project plans, product/project risk, project budgets, and resources/task assignments
• Working closely with all support functions, effectively facilitating cross-functional decision making to deliver effective and timely new product development process results
• Ensuring compliance with Design History File (DHF) and other QMS requirements
• Managing customer critical-to-quality (CTQ) objectives, regulatory requirements, schedules, and program risks and making decisions based on business objectives
• Provide periodic stakeholder communications and escalating concerns and issues as necessary
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Ability to travel is required between Marlborough, Massachusetts and Logan, Utah
• BS or MS Degree in chemistry or life science. Other technical backgrounds considered.
• 8-10 years relevant project mangement experience with 3 years minimum NPI project management and execution experience
• Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional project teams, and an ability to drive project design plans to completion
• Familiarity with ISO, FDA and other regulatory standards
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Current PMP certification
• Knowledge of cell culture media and bioprocessing
• Experience and thorough understanding of NPI product development /product development lifecycle in a regulated environment
• Experience managing or overseeing global resources and/or projects
• Previous work experience in a matrixed-management/leadership environment
• Experience with conflict resolution
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Healthcare Life Sciences There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Utah; Marlborough, Worcester, Framingham, Boston, Logan, Salt Lake City, Providence, Nashua, Hartford
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.