General Electric LS Service USCAN Finance Analyst in Marlborough, Massachusetts
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more
than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60
years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping
accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with
cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present
and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Life Sciences Service USCAN Finance Analyst is responsible for providing strategic P&L, commercial and operational Finance leadership to the $100M regional Service business. The USCAN Service division in Life Sciences provides a wide range of added value services to biotech, industrial pharmaceutical and research customers, and works in close collaboration with the Bioprocess, Research and Enterprise Solutions businesses within Life Sciences
• Business Partner to the USCAN Services General Manager providing financial & decision-making support to drive sustainable growth, as the Finance Lead in USCAN Service leadership team
• Develop monthly forecasts for the USCAN P&L from sales through to operating margin with variance analysis, risks & opportunities, linked to commercial execution and operational actions
• Attend monthly ops reviews with exposure to LS Global Service General Manager, and present insightful financial analysis on the performance of the USCAN Service business
• Prepare, coordinate and lead the quarterly closing processes, & collaborate with Controllership to ensure compliance and adherence to accounting standards.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with Commercial Operations team to prepare metrics on Point-of-Sale / Service Sales contracts, warranty conversion/contract renewal, discounts, pricing and contract profitability
• Work cross-functionally with Commercial Operations to Identify and drive improvements in sales penetration, installed base coverage and margin accretion opportunities using commercial finance and profitability metrics
• Lead & execute financial planning processes, namely the annual Blueprint and Operating Plan
• Collaborate with FP&A COE team who provide support to the USCAN FP&A, close accounting and reporting activities
• Lead and participate in cross-functional projects to drive simplification through the organization and to improve rigor and efficiency
• Digital tools & processes – collaborate with LS FP&A and Bioprocess / Lab / EMEA Service Finance teams to develop and implement Digital tool, e.g. statistical sales forecasting, SFDC driving sales funnel forecasting, contract profitability in QlikSense
• Key Finance reporting tools include Hyperion Essbase / Smartview, BOXI, and QlikSense. Key Business tools include Oracle, ServiceMax, SalesForce.com (SFDC)
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar Business related course.
• Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP) or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS), or professionally qualified in finance & accounting (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA), or a graduate with proven years’ experience.
• Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives, and drive positive change
• Clear thinking / problem solving: ability to work cross functionally and lead projects/process improvement initiatives; quickly grasp new idea and concepts
• Excellent communication skills across various career levels, functions, and regions. Ability to clearly communicate complex financial results to a non-financial audience
• Solid PC Skills: Strong Excel skills essential (managing large amounts of data, vlookups, pivot tables, financial modelling), with Hyperion Essbase strongly preferred, and Powerpoint desirable. Experience with financial systems/applications desirable (Oracle, Business Objects, Salesforce.com)
• Core understanding and awareness of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP
• Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.